The spring is a great opportunity for people to go outside and enjoy the outdoors. However, as a homeowner, you should take care of what’s inside. There are hundreds of reasons you should watch the carpets. Our experts offer these ideas for carpet cleaning. And how often you should do it.
10 Reasons for Cleaning Your Carpets
- Make the carpets live longer. Carpet cleaning preserves the fibers and extends its use. Regular cleaning of carpets leads to more years of safe use and enjoyment.
- Increase indoor air quality. Mats absorb the dust in the air, making a safe environment for homeowners. Moreover, cleaning the carpet will remove accumulated dust, and make more room for new soil.
- Purge spots and stains. Like other soils that accumulate, spots and stains can collect more soiling. Purging spots and stain not only make the carpet look nicer but also protect it from damage.
- Stop allergens and bacteria from building up. The damp soiling of the carpet is grounds for infestations and other unhealthy contaminations. That is because of bacterial buildup.
- It improves the cleanliness of any room. Clean, well-preserved carpets can spell the difference between an excellent looking place, and average looking ones. Carpets increase the overall cleanliness of a home or business.
- Comfortable carpet maintenance. A rug that is regularly cleaned becomes easier to clean in the future. That is because the longer the soiling penetrate the carpet, the harder it is to remove. Dry soil is known to attach to the carpet, and with time, it can be difficult to remove using usual methods.
- Sustain morale. Homeowners, business owners, and workers will be more productive if their environment is clean. Carpeting is a major factor of any place’s cleanliness and can increase energy.
- Makes the home clean and fresh. A clean carpet speaks volumes about how much you care about your home or business. It feels welcoming and makes the house looks nice.
- If it didn’t increase health, it would protect it. Bugs, microbes, germs are found in home carpets. They live there and cause contaminations if the carpet isn’t clean, they multiply. Regularly cleaning the carpet remove microorganisms and dust mites.
- Protect the carpet’s warranty. Many carpet warranties depend upon the regular cleaning of carpets using any method. Usually, the warranty will be invalid if the carpet was not cleaned every 12 to 18 months.
How Often Should You Get Your Carpets Cleaned
Many factors come into play when it comes to the frequency of carpet cleaning. Some of them are foot traffic, pets, children, and your lifestyle. However, let’s examine the most popular factors:
- Vacuuming: It protects the surface of the carpet by removing loose particles before they settle. When you do it regularly, it makes the carpet last longer and need less deep cleaning. Nevertheless, if you haven’t done it in a long time, maybe you should call a professional carpet cleaning service.
- Allergies: Carpets are the floor covering filters; they collect the dust from the air. When the mats absorb too much dust, whenever someone walks on them, the dust is released into the air again. The dust is one of the leading causes of allergies, and there is no way around it but a deep cleaning. If allergies are a primary concern, regular deep cleaning is necessary.
- Colors: Bright-colored carpets give a distinct vibe to the room. It makes it cheerful and vibrant. Yet, light-colored carpets can reveal spots and stains more than dark-colored ones. Maintenance of these carpets is frequent, but at least they make it easier to spot the stains and let you know when you need deep carpet cleaning.
- Pets: Mentioned above but deserve to be repeated here. Because pets are prone to cause a mess, you may need to clean the carpets more frequently. Odors are a particular concern for pet owners, while you might not notice them, your guests certainly will. Frequent carpet cleaning can remove these stains and smells caused by your pets. It is just healthier for you and the pet.
- Children: Similar to domestic animals, kids can cause a mess. Whether its food, drinks, or finger paints, it is hard for parents to maintain the carpet’s cleanliness. Babies spend most of their time on carpets, so it’s in their best interest to have clean and fresh carpets.
- Shoes: They bring all kinds of dirt and grit. You should clean the carpets frequently, especially when there is more foot traffic in your household than usual. The fibers in the mat will stay in good shape for a longer time.
Finally yet importantly, these were the reasons you should clean your carpets, and the primary factors that dictate how often.